Notable Client Work Our work speaks for itself
- Represented 160 Royal Palm, LLC, locally known as the Palm House Hotel, in its Chapter 11 Case. In what the court called “bet-the-case” litigation, Mr. Landau single-handedly avoided a $40 million mortgage claim on the hotel and subsequently negotiated a sale of the hotel to a London based real estate conglomerate for over $40 million. The case resulted in the repayment of over $20 million to defrauded foreign investors. Two appeals stemming from this case went all the way up to the U.S. Supreme Court. Mr. Landau successfully defeated the appeals on both occasions.
- Represented a local radiology group in its Chapter 11 Case. Case restructured a multi-million dollar adverse judgment against the medical practice and stopped a recalcitrant litigant from obtaining a punitive damages award against the otherwise healthy company.
- Represented several nationally known commercial real estate owners and developers in the restructuring of over $200 million in secured debt obligations.
- Represented PRC, LLC, a global operator of call centers, in its Chapter 11 Case ﬁled in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented American Ammunition, Inc., a publicly traded manufacturer of ammunition, in its Chapter 11 Cases ﬁled in the Southern District of Florida.
- Represented a leading tennis apparel company in prosecuting an action for trademark infringement against the brand’s prior owner. Case settled favorably at mediation and resulted in an amicable “divorce” from the prior owner.
- Represented a leading ﬁnance company in Texas state court in its defense of a lawsuit arising out of an alleged failure to fund a letter of credit.
- Represented Congregation Chabad-Lubavitch of Greater Boynton Beach, a local synagogue, in its Chapter 11 Case. Case made national news when its lender sought to continue its foreclosure during the Jewish High Holidays. Case was ultimately resolved on very favorable terms for the synagogue.
- Represented the majority of mechanic and materialmen lien holders in the Chapter 11 Case of Fontainebleau Las Vegas, LLC.
- Represented Cardo Medical Inc., a leading provider of surgical implants, in its § 363 purchase of the assets of Vertebron, Inc., in its Chapter 11 Case ﬁled in the District of Connecticut.
- Represented parents of deceased child in a successful determination of non-dischargeability as to the highly publicized judgment they had received against the man who shot and murdered their son.
- Represented Australian liquidators in proceeding to administer remaining assets of an Australian yacht manufacturer.
- Served as lead counsel to creditors’ committee in several Chapter 11 Cases including, George Mason Citrus, Co. and 99 Cent Stuff, Inc.
- Represented Petitioning Creditors as well as over 50 other condominium owners in the ﬁling of an involuntary bankruptcy petition against the developer of a waterfront spa and condominium. Case was dismissed upon the payment of a multi-million dollar settlement to the condominium owner.
Why Choose Landau Law
Landau Law, PLLC is a prestigious boutique law firm that has been nationally recognized for success in the areas of bankruptcy law and creditor/debtor rights. While most bankruptcy lawyers specialize in representing debtors or creditors, Landau Law is one of the few unique law firms who are experts on both sides of the table.
Chambers USA provides that: Phil Landau is a well-regarded practitioner for both debtors and creditors in Chapter 11 proceedings. “He is a good bankruptcy lawyer and a smart, tenacious fighter for his clients”.